Thursday, September 25, 2008

The F1rst One.

New York Film Festival. I'm going to the New York Film Festival. Tomorrow. That's what I'm doing, tomorrow, I'm going to go see Choke, then go to the opening night of the New York Film Festival. And right now, I haven't a worry in the world. (Not true.) I'm telling the truth. (He's/I'm only a squirrel, what truth could I be telling?) "I'm a thumb print on a sky scraper." Alexander Payne said that, well, he wrote that, then Paul Giamatti said that. In Sideways.

The first part of "How Joel and Harry Got to the Party" (If you've seen The Royal Tenenbaums, imagine the Alec Baldwin narration voice narrating this.) ...

It was the night of December 30th, in less than 24 hours, Harry would be at the biggest part of his life. 10:13, Harry was walking out of a movie theatre with two of his friends, Joel and Alec.
Alec was rather tall, he often would make jokes strictly pertaining to the television show 'Scrubs' or mediocre films like 'Desperado' and 'Righteous Kill.' Joel was short, had blonde hair and a heart of gold. Joel was more complicated than most would imagine, he would walk around with a smile on his face, as simple as any high school kid could be.
They were walking back to Joels new car, which he recieved from his parents on his 17th birthday, as a gift, when Alec asked Joel "Where can we go to dinner?"


Fuck you. That's what I managed to write in the last 7 minutes of my fourth period class. Will I finish it, probably not. You know what would be an interesting experiment, get 30 people, of different genders, races, so on and so forth, and get them to read a small portion of a story and tell them to write the rest, then compare. Or get a screenplay, and get 10 different people to read it and direct their own version of it. Fuck me. I suppose this post would have been better had I been a more interesting person, right?

No comments: